Our society is trying to legalize sin while criminalizing righteousness
The Authorities of this world are taking abusive measures against the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Particularly, our Biblical view of conversion from sin. Bill C-4 (Canada) and Ordinance 31-21 (West Lafayette, IN) are attempting to take our brothers in Christ to jail in the future if they practice ministry in ways that would go against the worlds view of sexual orientation and gender confusion. Bill C-4 threatens a 5 year prison sentence while Ordinance 31-21 threatens a per day fine of $1,000 for Churches in violation (Section 4).
Last week Pastor John MacArthur took a stand on Biblical Sexual Morality He called on His alumni to preach against these bills that would infringe upon the Gospel and the Biblical views of conversion. On Sunday, Jan 16th, thousands of Pastors around the globe will preach a message in opposition to Bill C-4 out of Canada and Ordinance 31-21 out of West Lafayette, IN. This effort to preach on Jan. 16th unifies us globally as we stand against the reprobate mind involved in compiling these bills (Ps. 15:4; Rom. 1:28). These bills violate the Governments responsibility in the same way Peter saw:
“27 When they had brought them, they stood them before the Council. The high priest questioned them, 28 saying, “We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.” 29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.” - Acts 5:27-29
This is a clear indication that our society is trying to legalize sin while criminalizing righteousness. As salt and light in the earth (Matt. 5:13-16), we must stand against these laws and fight.
Here are 5 ways you can practically help in the fight against these abuses of governmental authority:
- Pray – Pray for the writers of these laws to be converted – We must pray that God works in the very way the law makers are criminalizing. Pray, pray, pray.
- Preach – Encourage your church to Join thousands of Pastors in preaching the Biblical view of conversion on January 16th. The Biblical view of conversion involves repentance; which means conversion involves changing ones mind about sexual orientation and gender confusion to the Biblical view of sexual morality. Our goal is that these sinners will be forgiven and avoid the coming judgment (Acts 2:37-41; Phil. 2:9-11). We must preach that these actions are sin and they are in need of conversion (1 Cor. 6:9-11, Genesis 19). The mind of every sinner is in need of Spiritual renewal and regeneration (John 3; Rom. 12:2; Titus. 3:5).
- Teach – Have the Elders prepare your Church through seminars, trainings, and position papers that take a stand on Biblical sexuality. Make these statements and positions a requirement for all teachers and members in the Church.
- Sign – Sign the Petition against Ordinance 31-21 in support of the Christians in Indiana: Sign Petition! Sign the Petition against Bill C-4 in support of our Canadian Christians: Sign Petition!
- Join – By joining the Alliance of Defending Freedom (ADF) you will be financially covered for lawsuits. It is a minimum fee each year and they will also help you legally prepare for the future.
Let’s fight the good fight! Feel free to listen to our Church who will Biblically address this issue on Sunday, Jan. 16th at 10:15 (MST): https://www.santanbible.org/live-stream
David J. Lupinetti is the Associate Pastor at San Tan Bible Church in Arizona. He has a passion for Expository Preaching, Biblical Counseling, Discipleship, and Evangelism.